Chem-Dry, The GREEN Carpet Cleaner
We know that no one would intentionally dump loads of harmful chemicals into the water streams in Yorktown, VA, so why would you allow your cleaning company to do it in your home? At Old Dominion Chem-Dry, we believe in sustainability and have worked toward offering a Green solution to carpet cleaning for the past two decades.
Old Dominion Chem-Dry’s flagship cleaning solution, The Natural®, is on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. list; however, our dedication to Green doesn’t stop there. Our cleaning process only requires the use of about 1/5 the amount of water that other cleaning companies require in order to be effective, raising Chem-Dry to a higher, healthier standard. Compare our method to the process used by other carpet cleaners: drench the carpets with water and harsh chemicals that aggressively on your carpet fibers and then suck everything (minus some remnants) back with old equipment. They describe their methods as quick and cheap, but the real value comes from a service like our’s that is efficient, saving you time and money, and long-lasting, saving you from extra cleanings down the road due to a poor cleaning job. Our eco-friendly cleaning solutions are ready to be put to the test!
- Stain Extinguisher
- Stain Extinguisher Grease and Oil
- Professional Strength Spot Remover
- Professional Strength Grease & Oil Remover
- Traffic Lane Pre-Spray
- PowerGuard™ Protectant
- Final Rinse
- Upholstery Wet Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
- World Famous® Pet Odor Remover
Old Dominion Chem-Dry is continuously working toward advancements in Green carpet cleaning. We are committed to sustainability measures and part of our mission is to provide all of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Yorktown, Portsmouth, and Chesapeake, VA with a cleaner, more healthy living environment and neighborhood. We have even started to implement a paperless newsletter that we email to you!
Health & Safety
- Oral Toxicity : Products do not include hazardous substances ingested through the mouth
- Dermal Toxicity : Products do not include poisonous substances that enter through skin contact
- Inhalation Toxicity : Products do not distribute harmful pollutants that are breathed in from the atmosphere
- No Carcinogens : Products do not include agents which increase the likelihood of cancer
Protection of Aquatic Life
- High standards for biodegradability and not bio-accumulate. Products must not damage our lakes, oceans or streams.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- The pH balance of the cleaning solutions and products uses should be greater than 3 but less than 10.
Clean Air Requirements
- The solution must not contain damaging levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
So why does Chem-Dry care so much about being Green? Well, simply put: Less water in your carpets means more in our nation’s reservoirs. Our products are labeled as “non-toxic” indicating to our customers that Old Dominion Chem-Dry is safe for both kids and families with pets, and we’re also a great solutions for many people with common allergies. We live here too and our mission is to help create healthier homes for a better world.