PET URINE & ODOR REMOVALProfessional pet urine & odor removal in the Newport News area
Pet urine in carpeting is a severe problem that can sometimes require major restoration work when it’s not treated correctly. But now, with Old Dominion Chem-Dry’s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), even your most severe urine soaked carpeted areas can be saved. P.U.R.T.® was designed to act quick and with tough power on pet urine & odors to eliminate the source of the smell and stain for good. We’ve seen excellent results both in the testing phases and in action when using this product. It attacks the odor-causing spots directly at the source to completely eliminate the smell, rather than just masking the odor.
Facts To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpet
Pets will often urinate continually in the same general location without you realizing it. The urine that is deposited onto the carpet does not stay there. Rather, it penetrates the carpet ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it the cement or wood, come from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
When your pet urinates, the liquid will eventually evaporate, leaving behind the urine crystals that stay concentrated and full of odors. This odor will prove harder to remove completely if you’re just focusing on simple cleaning methods. However, when our P.U.R.T.® systems comes in contact with the source of the odor, it begins to break down the urine crystals with an intricate chemical reaction, leaving you without the urine stains and without the smelly odors. We aren’t kidding; when we tackle a job, we tackle it in full.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- Once, the source and severity of the odor are determined, the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges based on your unique situation will apply for services. Please call us to learn more about P.U.R.T.®.
We provide residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, tile & grout, and area rug cleaning services as well as pet urine removal and water damage restoration services throughout the Yorktown area including Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, and the entire York County area.
Get In Touch: